The Secret to Building a Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin
Dr. Jay Wong last edited by
Hi, board certified dermatologist here! I spend my days counseling patients about how to have beautiful skin.
There are a few key parts to building a good skincare regimen for healthy glowing skin:
- sunscreen all day everyday to prevent UV- induced aging. This is my number 1 recommendation. Uva and uvb radiation causes a plethora of skin changes such as skin sagging, dark spots, leathery texture, wrinkles, and more. My personal favorites: la Roche posay, colore science, Elta Md, revision skincare, md solar sciences, supergoop
- moisturizer containing powerful humectant hyaluronic acid to replenish your skin barrier and keep it hydrated. Dry skin wrinkles easily!
- retinoid to normalize skin cell turnover. Prescription is the strongest and most effective; even within prescription retinoids there are different strengths and formulations. If you cannot handle tretinoin you can always ask for Retin A Micro or try over the counter Differin (more gentle).
- If you’re motivated, add in an antioxidant such as vitamin C to diminish dark spots and protect against UV. Personal favorite: Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, drunk elephant C firma day serum
- Consider procedures such as laser, botox, or filler as maintenance to keep skin texture firm and the skin surface healthy and glowing
To get a good regimen that works specifically for your skin: Check out GlowUp (GlowUp (http://www.glowup.ai/)), a revolutionary new concierge service that gives you access to a dermatologist to create a personalized skincare regimen, including prescriptions, specific to your skin and needs. Everyone’s skin is unique, and our dermatologists work with you to create a skincare regimen that fits your lifestyle and budget. For only $20, you can get started on your skincare journey, using ingredients that actually work and brands that you love. Check out the website for early access!
JulieRobins last edited by
Want pretty skin without paying a fortune in treatments? EVERYONE HAS DARK CIRCLES!!! DARK CIRCLES are caused by various issues,. some heredity, some due to sleep, stress,. etc. BUT the DARK comes from blood trapped between the dermis and epidermis and NOTHING TOPICAL CAN CHANGE it permanently. You are simply controlling the blood by external manipulation.
MY advice is to use a SLEEP MASK to sleep,. this will prevent fluid in the lower bleph fat pad,. USE a lubricating eye drop often and before bedtime. KEEP little cold face packs and make 10 minute compressing part of your morning WAKE UP, COFFEE, NEWS WATCHING, CAT CUDDLING ROUTING. COLD CONSTRICTS,. and will gives your eyes instant happiness!! FOR YOUR FACE, we compound AMAZING TOPICAL SKIN PRODUCTS THAT will give you instant and permanent accumulative results. Sight unseen one AMAZING product that gives you SO MUCH BANG for the buck is
PERFECT COMPLEXION 3 IN 1 MICRO RETINOIC cleanser,. YOU HAVE CHARCOAL,. cooling and skin loving,. then you have SHARP micro crystals to remove every last dead shred of skin.. then RETINOIC ACID is delivered into that new skin growth,. SO each time you use it, more old skin comes off, REVEALING TIGHTER, SMOOTHER flawless skin underneath... AND it's like $30 and it will last you for months of treatments.. at home...